jueves, 30 de septiembre de 2010

My favorite places

I live in Santiago Chile since I was born,  in spite of not knowing all places in Santiago, I believe that I know enough sites. I like the quiet places, where I can talk, enjoy the landscape or to think calmly. Here I will mention some of these sites;

The Almagro Park


Is in San Diego's neighborhood, next to Santa Isabel street. There is a church in the end the park, which called "La Parroquia del Santísimo Sacramento", it is a copy of the Church of the Sacred Hearts that is in París. They stated to build in 1912, but thay have never has finished it. This church is part of the pleasant landscape.

The park is long, crosses several street but not very large. In this places you can enjoy grass meadows, and space for walk. For me this place is special, because here began my current relationship.
Another attraction are locals where they sell books.

Cerro Santa Lucía

This is a hill located in the center of Santiago, in the Alameda street, and was a milestone in the age of Pedro de Valdivia (spanish who came to conquer this territory in the century XVI). This hill have a altitude of 629 meters, it have path and viewpoints where you can see top the city.

In the place there is several turists and lovers. In adittion, there are many sites for sit and contemplate.

3 comentarios:

  1. You've wrote a funny article, I didn't know about the church, and I'm not sure of know the Almagro Park XD
    Well, the Santa Lucía Hill I know, thank goodness!

    See u!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Interesting Paola , we get to know you better.

    Keep on writing...Been missing you lately.

    Cheers,
    Jenny

    ResponderEliminar
  3. uhmmm. Mateo, you have to know this church, is large, and it see of several places. See this picture http://usuarios.fotolog.cl/s/a/SANTIAGODECHILE/12012007-10_58_44.jpg

    ResponderEliminar